Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Living La Bella Vita; Ladies Dinner at Nicli Antica Pizzeria

Good wine. Good friends. And freakin' delicious pizza.
I've been to Nicli before and loved it but it's been awhile since my last visit.
Nicli Antica Pizzeria was the first to bring certified Neapolitan Pizza to Vancouver. Their open concept forno oven allows creepy diners like me to food perv on pizza making. It's amazing to look and smell all of the fresh herbs they keep on hand. 
 For my dear friend JB's birthday, we planned a ladies dinner at Nicli. This is a fabulous venue for any kind of catch up dinner.
I was in absolute heaven with my Neopolitana pizza ($14) and polished off the whole thing!
This pizza is delightful and topped with the most flavourful large roasted chunks of garlic and salty anchovies. I bet I was awesomely smelly after that pizza! Its also got a beautiful, bright tomato sauce, pomodoro and fior di latte cheeses and fresh oregano. The middle of the pizza is soft and tender and the crust is nice, thin, charred, puffed and chewy.
All of the other ladies LOVED their pizzas (Funghi, Margherita, Prescuitto E Rucola) and service was spot on.


Nicli Antica Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments: