Saturday, February 12, 2011

Creme de la Crumb for Custom Beverages

The other day, I met up with my one of my food blog idols in Vancouver, Follow Me Foodie. She is a dynamo with a passion and enthusiasm for food that is simply infectious....we worked together a bit last fall on a project and she is one of my favourite gals to gab about food with.
She suggested that we meet up at Creme de la Crumb so I could try some custom drinks that she designed/created for their menu. This new-ish bakery/cafe is tucked in the CBC Plaza at Hamilton and Georgia.


Of her three drinks, we had:
Pear and Almond Matte
"A concoction of real pear puree, almond milk and a hint of vanilla bean"
For me this drink was all about a mellow mix of subtle flavours. I used to drink steamed almond milk when I was 10, and this is a real sophisticated twist on that. The pear and vanilla worked really well together- aromatically and taste-wise. Smooth and luxourious.

Frozen Hot Chocolate
"A frozen malt of premium dark chocolates and cocoa topped with whipped cream"
I was impressed because it was lighter tasting than it looks and not as heavy and filling as many other cold chocolate drinks. You definitely get more malt and cocoa than the syrupy sweet "yo-hoo" flavour that I usually get with iced chocolate drinks.

700 Hamilton St
Vancouver, BC
V6B6G5
www.cremedelacrumb.com
Overall, I was really impressed with this café/bakery. The interior was clean and bright, the deli counter case was full of tasty looking entrees, salads and baked goods. Two small things I loved: SAMPLES of their scones at the cash register (I tried a yummy, flaky one with coconut) and a pitcher of water garnished and infused with orange slices (so refreshing and an easy way to make the customer feel special.)

Creme De La Crumb Bakeshop


Crème de la Crumb Bakeshop (CBC) on Urbanspoon

No comments: