Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Friday Night with Wine, Cheese, and Friends

Last Friday, two of my best friends hosted a wine tasting big group of friends to thank us for contributing our efforts to their recent photo exhibit/fundraiser Liberia '77 Now and Then featuring photos by John, Jeff, and Andrew Topham.


They are amazing hosts and took us through a whopping 17 bottles of wine- teaching us about notes, barreling techniques, grape blends, and the differences between "old world" and "new world" wines. I learned a lot....but I did not spit out any wine and by the end of the night I think I was just repeating the phrase "jammy notes" over and over. Fortunately, I took photos of all the wine labels so I would remember my new favourites.


We also feasted on a wicked spread with various cheeses (my favorite was an apricot stilton), crackers, flatbreads, olives, a caprese salad, and a nice bowl of grainy dijon mustard (they said it was just for me because I'm a mustard fanatic, but I shared).
I'm lucky to have such amazing friends who love good food and wine.

Please check out the Liberia '77 website for more information on the photo exhibit, the photo repatriation project, and their documentary film (it's going to be amazing!!!)

No comments: